Monday, January 11, 2010

Another cold day in South Florida

Well, here it is Monday, January 11, 2010 and we are going on our second week here in South Florida of cold weather. This morning it was 33 degrees and with the wind chill it was 25. We even had some snow down the street at the Town and Country Shopping Center. Incredible!

I am still working on my movie screenplay and second book. My first book, The Empty Cup Runneth Over - www.theemptycuprunnethover.com is doing well, and I just found out this weekend that it made the top ten best seller list with my publishing company. Great way to begin 2010.

As I sit here at my desk at work, and planning my new year. I will begin looking for a better job. I cannot express how difficult that is for me as I have been at the U of M for 27 years. Many cut backs have been made and I was one of them. I took a huge bullet, $23,000 pay cut! I am no different then many others who lost their jobs. Some are in worse shape then me. I know this too shall pass. If I survived breast cancer I can survive this right? Need encouragement from you all.

Met many wonderful people on Facebook and Twitter. I am up to 5,200 on Twitter and over 2,070 on Facebook. What a great way to network and communicate with others. Don't get me wrong, I had to block at least 40 people since I have been on Facebook this past year. But I had to. It amazes me how people just don't get it when you let them know in the beginning that you are on their to net work and NOT date!!! Okay, I admit there have been so good looking guys on Facebook that I wouldn't mind getting to know. So there you have it, double minded!!

Well, until next time. Wishing everyone a great day. Hopefully, I will have more exciting news to blog. This is my first blog. Therefore, I need to get with the program!

Cindy Papale/author of The Empty Cup Runneth Over/breast cancer survivor

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cindy!
    You're right, if you can survive breast cancer you can darn-well do just about anything. Hang in there, the cold will go away and soon you'll be basking in that beautiful Florida sunshine again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be a GREAT year Cindy! God has wonderful things in store for you and He promises He will provide. Now it's time to trust!

    ReplyDelete